Kellogg MBA Essay Tips & Deadlines for 2021 – 2022
Application essays can have a huge impact on the admission panel’s decision. These are the total game changers. We need to keep ourselves prepared beforehand for in-depth writing. Draft, revise, write, revise, edit, and proofread essays at least 2-3 times. These application essays plan an essential part of your selection, make sure you give them an ample amount of time. Now, let’s see how Mentor Mpact can help you write Kellogg’s essays.
Kellogg MBA Essay Question 1
Kellogg’s purpose is to educate, equip, and inspire brave leaders who create lasting value. Provide a recent example where you have demonstrated leadership and created value. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)
This question encourages applicants to describe when they were in a leadership position and had a significant influence while overcoming hurdles and learning something that would aid them in future incidents. Remember the question asks you to state a single leadership example. The action plan that you can follow for this question is as follows:
- Jot down all the experiences where you think you led your team, all of your leadership experiences you can think of!
- Now, going precisely through the list, keep the ones which actually created some impact on the team or the company somehow.
- Next step is to see which experience can be elaborated well and which one has led to a more impactful leadership. This will help you decide the one that you want to go for.
- Lastly, know the structure of your essay! For this I would suggest (Challenge – Action – Results) framework. Start with the challenges that your team was facing, afterwards describe your action-plan. Then, jot down what the results were!
- Handling an uncooperative team member or supervisor, making a choice based on incomplete information, persuading someone, administering a new project, meeting deadlines, and managing a client’s expectations are just a few examples.
You might use experiences from your personal or professional experiences as examples of leadership.
Kellogg MBA Essay Question 2
Values are what guide you in your life and work. What values are important to you, and how have they influenced you? (450 words)
Kellogg’s program is known for its emphasis on values (in fact, “values-driven” candidates are listed among the qualities Kellogg seeks). This essay demands applicants to undertake a lot of self-reflection to figure out what values and beliefs are essential. It’s critical to describe how you’ve lived out those values/beliefs in your life. For this essay you can follow the following structure:
- To find the “tipping points” in your life, look back at your personal and professional experiences and jot down the values that influenced you and your life somehow.
- To proceed, you can ask yourself a few questions such as What values have led you to this point? What has shaped you into the person you are today?
- If you decide what values you are going to mention, you should not just tell what happened, but also how it influenced who you are and your life choices.
- Also, please refrain from providing a huge list of values. You may only address 2-3 values, and explain how these principles have influenced your decisions and behaviors, how they shaped your personality.
Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 words)
This is an easy-to-follow re-applicant essay but yet the most important one. As a result, you should show your sustained interest in Kellogg by describing how you have improved your application since your previous submission.
- This essay is ideal for applicants who want to showcase another talent, hobby, or experience that he/she has acquired in the previous one/two year. But remember, the key is displaying how SIGNIFICANTLY you’ve changed, not just THAT you’ve changed in some way.
- You have to make the admission panel realize what skills you have gained and how you have worked on your weaknesses that were the reason for your rejection the previous time. Concentrate on the areas where you have progressed since your last application.
- Elaborate on whether you’ve taken additional classes, improved your GMAT score, have been promoted, led a new and exciting project, increased your community activity, taken on a personal challenge, or defined your goals, the idea is to show that you’ve grown as a candidate.
- In addition, your deliberate attempts to improve your profile and focus on your weak areas will demonstrate your commitment to your Kellogg MBA.
Kellogg 2021-22 MBA application deadlines
Every year, there are three application deadlines for the Kellogg MBA program, with three significant dates for each round: Application Deadline, Interviews, and Decision Dates. You must present an application form by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the due day to be eligible for around.
There are three stages to the Kellogg MBA application process. The following are the application deadlines:
Round 1 September 15, 2021
Round 2 January 5, 2022
Round 3 April 6, 2022
If you plan to pursue your MBA from abroad, MentorMpact provides the best guidance you can ever get! MentorMpact works with the students and for the students. We value the trust you put in us, and we creatively partner with you to accomplish your dream school admission. Our approach resonates with proper mentorship. And we ensure the best for our clients. For more information, visit MentorMpact.