IESE MBA Application Essay Tips and deadlines for 2022 – 2023
IESE Business School is forward-thinking and career-driven, and the application focuses on understanding your career learning and advancement, how the MBA aligns with your goals, and what your career ambitions are. The set of questions invites you to demonstrate your values and convergence in the external world. Some main qualities that the school looks for in the applications are Entrepreneurial mindset, Team leadership, Social intelligence, Community leadership, Integrity and Analytical ability. Keeping this in mind, let’s see how Mentor Mpact can help you write IESE’s essays.
Application Essay 1
Tell us about a time that you created an impact on an individual, company or community? What did you learn from it? (word limit 300 max)
IESE has switched the first essay on their application, and it is an intriguing one. Prepare a thorough list of all the major challenges you have faced and the unique solutions you offered, helping the third party make a drastic impact! The second section of the question asks you to demonstrate how you act in accordance with the IESE values and how you intend to concentrate on your leadership development in the future. Make certain that the person, insight, and learning are personal to you, demonstrating the relationship as well as authenticity of both the impact and development. This is a chance to demonstrate self-awareness as well as self reflection.
Application Essay 2
What are your short-term and mid-term post-MBA goals? How will the IESE MBA program help you achieve them? (word limit 300 max)
This is a career objective question focused on why you should attend IESE and how it will help you attain your goals. Your course of action for this essay can be as follows:
- You must outline your professional ambitions in this essay and briefly explain why they are realistic for you in the context of your career progression to date. Keep in mind that this question is simply both for short and long-term goals, so make sure you answer your short term goals considering your long-term route in mind. Your short-term goal profession should ideally transition to your long-term goal career, and an MBA degree is required for both courses.
- Then you must consider how you will use and engage with IESE’s resources to seek and achieve your objectives. Look for meaningful connections between your interests and goals and the things you plan to engage in, not just a few program options. The admissions committee does not expect you to have all the experience needed for your career goals right now. However, they want to know that you understand the skills that are important for your desired career.
- Make sure you list down the things both ways i.e. how IESE’s resources will help you attain your goals, and on the other side how will you help IESE’s community to grow and prosper. You’re basically breaking things down into a give-and-take scenario.
You will be able to answer this question fully and confidently if you conduct thorough research about your career path and the possibilities available at IESE.
What would you like to highlight about yourself or your journey which may have not been captured in your application? (word limit 300 max)
This optional essay gives you the opportunity to explain anything which is unclear in your application. Keep in mind that you should never use the optional essay if the information in your application is self-explanatory.
- You may use this place to highlight any extenuating circumstances that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider (e.g. unexplained gaps in job experience, recommender selection, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, areas of weakness, etc.).
- Disciplinary action in undergrad could also be an important topic. Begin by simply and briefly stating the problem. Then, illustrate how you’ve improved and addressed any concerns using evidence.
- Furthermore, if you have a gap in your work experience, this is the spot to fill it. As a result, describe what you’ve been doing during the break. Also, take the time to explain rather than excuse.
- Finally, talk about how you want to keep the momentum going.
IESE MBA Application Deadlines 2022 – 2023
All application deadlines are 23:59 Barcelona time.
|Round Application||Deadline||Decision Notification|
|Round 1||October 11, 2022||December 12, 2022|
|Round 2||January 10, 2023||March 20, 2023|
|Round 3||March 14, 2023||May 15, 2023|
|Round 4||May 2, 2023||June 19, 2023|
MentorMpact is an end-to-end college admissions consulting and counseling firm. At MentorMpact, we work with the students and for the students. We value the trust you put in us and we creatively partner with you to accomplish your dream school admission. Our endeavor is to provide the best for our clients. If you’d like to speak with our admissions experts about your candidature, sign up here for a free session.