HEC Paris MBA Essay Tips and Deadlines for 2022 – 2023
HEC Paris competes with the world’s most popular MBA program with its unique MBA program. Every year, students from all over the world apply to the HEC Paris MBA program, and approximately 16% of them are accepted. As a result, candidates must be absolutely sure of what they must do in order to be successful. HEC MBA is looking for candidates who have the potential to lead. As a result, when responding to the application form’s essay questions, candidates must make sense with their narratives, provide examples from their personal, skilled, or academic achievements, and illustrate a clear vision. Read on to know how to write HEC’s MBA essays.
HEC MBA demands the following prompts from its candidates:
Why are you applying to the HEC MBA Program now? What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA, and how will the HEC MBA contribute to the achievement of this objective? (500 words max.)
As obvious this essay has the most important question in it: why us and not another business school? You have to write post MBA goals and how will HEC and you collectively work together towards your goals and how you will help the HEC community grow. For this, try the following structure:
- Keep in mind that this question is simply both for short and long-term goals, so make sure you answer your short term goals considering your long-term route in mind. Your short-term goal profession should ideally transition to your long-term goal career, and an MBA degree is required for both courses.
- Then coming to the second part of the question, you must consider how you will use and engage with HEC’s resources to seek and achieve your objectives. Look for meaningful connections between your interests and goals and the things you plan to engage in, not just a few program options.
- Make sure you list down the things both ways i.e. how HEC’s resources will help you attain your goals, and on the other side how will you help HEC’s community to grow and prosper. You’re basically breaking things down into a give-and-take scenario.
You will be able to answer this question fully and confidently if you conduct thorough research about your career path and the possibilities available at HEC.
What do you consider your most significant life achievement? (250 words max.)
HEC Paris is on the lookout for leaders. Describe an expertise that illustrates leadership. Take into account that this essay has no time limit. For example, you could look into something important developmental that happened to you as a teenager or a recent accomplishment. You’ve probably had a lot of victories, both big and small, throughout your career. Consider all of the times in your career and personal life that you are most proud of. To conclude the essay, don’t just mention the outcome of what occurred in the story, but also explain why this is your life’s most important milestone. Perhaps it sparked an interest in you that you’ve pursued ever since. Perhaps it provided you with an unique outlook on your life. Whatever it may be, make certain that we learn about it in your essay.
Leadership and ethics are inevitably intertwined in the business world. Describe a situation in which you have dealt with these issues and how they have influenced you. (250 words max.)
As a future leader, your company’s performance can be determined by ethics. When you consider the devastation caused by the 2008 financial crisis, or recent security breaches at major technology companies, it is evident that ethics can have an impact on business. You have most likely experienced colleagues or leaders who were not directed by ethical behaviour during your career. How did you overcome moral quandaries when you encountered them? Explain what happened and your feelings, as well as what you did and the actual result. As a result of the challenges, you should have learned a valuable lesson. Finally, take into account your overall leadership and ethical approach.
Imagine a life entirely different from the one you now lead, what would it be? (250 words max.)
The admissions committee desires to get to understand you better as an individual through this essay. You are not required to respond with a business-related question; however, make sure that whatever you choose does not contradict the personal brand you’ve formed in other parts of the application. As a starting pitcher, consider asking your friends and family what they think. Define your alternative life in as much detail as possible, and use the exercise to specify your core values. Remember that there is no “correct” answer to this question, so be yourself!
Please choose from one of the following essays, 250 words max.:
- a) What monument or site would you advise a first-time visitor to your country or city to discover, and why?
- b) Certain books, movies, or plays have had an international success that you believe to be undeserved. Choose an example and analyze it.
- c) What figure do you most admire and why? You may choose from any field (arts, literature, politics, business, etc.)
To be honest, any of the options can highlight a particular perspective of your individuality. Overall, the goal is to distinguish yourself. Consider the best option for your specific situation. Describe a statue or site, for instance, if you live in a very small country or city that is hardly ever visited by tourists. Using the essay to portray your city or country throughout this way can help to explain your backstory. On the other side, if you’re using a public figure you admire, you can experiment with your leadership ideas. Perhaps you admire perseverance, overcoming obstacles, or assisting others. Exploration of your core values can be aided by these ideas. Finally, whatever option you select, make it personal!
Essay 6 (Optional):
Is there any additional information you would like to share with us? (900 words max.)
The optional essay is an excellent chance to address any concerns you may have about your application.
- HEC looks for strong academics as well as quantitative abilities. You may use this place to highlight any extenuating circumstances that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider (e.g. unexplained gaps in job experience, recommender selection, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, areas of weakness, etc.).
- Disciplinary action in undergrad could also be an important topic. Begin by simply and briefly stating the problem. Then, illustrate how you’ve improved and addressed any concerns using evidence.
- Finally, talk about how you want to keep the momentum going.
HEC MBA Application Deadlines 2022 – 2023
For the January 2023 Intake:
|Round 1||15 August 2022||17 September 2022|
|Round 2||15 September 2022||22 October 2022|
|Round 3||15 October 2022||19 November 2022|
|Round 4||15 November 2022||15 December 2022|
MentorMpact is an end-to-end college admissions consulting and counselling firm. At MentorMpact, we work with the students and for the students. We value the trust you put in us and we creatively partner with you to accomplish your dream school admission. Our endeavor is to provide the best for our clients. If you’d like to speak with our admissions experts about your candidature, sign up here for a free session.