Booth MBA Essay Tips and deadlines for 2022 – 2023
Application essays can have a huge impact on the admission panel’s decision. These are the total game changers. We need to keep ourselves prepared beforehand for in-depth writing. Draft, revise, write, revise, edit, and proofread essays at least 2-3 times. These application essays plan an essential part of your selection, make sure you give them an ample amount of time. Now, let’s see how MentorMpact can help you write Booth’s essays.
Essay 1: How will the Booth MBA help you achieve your immediate and long-term post-MBA career goals? (250 word minimum)
This is a career objective question focused on why you should attend Booth and how it will help you attain your goals. It is, however, a question about your personality as well as your chances of success in the program. Your course of action for this essay can be as follows:
- You must outline your professional ambitions in this essay and briefly explain why they are realistic for you in the context of your career progression to date. Keep in mind that this question is simply both for short and long-term goals, so make sure you answer your short term goals considering your long-term route in mind. Your short-term goal profession should ideally transition to your long-term goal career, and an MBA degree is required for both courses.
- Then you must consider how you will use and engage with Booth’s resources to seek and achieve your objectives. Look for meaningful connections between your interests and goals and the things you plan to engage in, not just a few program options.
- Make sure you list down the things both ways i.e. how Booth’s resources will help you attain your goals, and on the other side how will you help Booth’s community to grow and prosper. You’re basically breaking things down into a give-and-take scenario.
You will be able to answer this question fully and confidently if you conduct thorough research about your career path and the possibilities available at Booth.
Essay 2: An MBA is as much about personal growth as it is about professional development. In addition to sharing your experience and goals in terms of career, we’d like to learn more about you outside of the office. Use this opportunity to tell us something about who you are. (250 words minimum)
Because of the program’s flexibility, Booth is looking for people with the self-awareness, critical thinking abilities, and resourcefulness to get the most out of it and put it to good use. Because the programme places a premium on ideas, it seeks individuals who will go beyond practical vocational training to explore different ideas, areas, and professions, as well as intellectually push themselves. So make sure you prove your candidature in the right way.
This essay demands applicants to undertake a lot of self-reflection to figure out what values and beliefs are essential. It’s critical to describe how you’ve lived out those principles in your life and how they eventually helped you achieve the current stage of life. Basically, you need to write down who you are and what motivates you. For this essay you can follow the following structure:
- To find the “tipping points” in your life, look back at your personal and professional experiences and jot down the values that influenced you and your life somehow.
- To proceed, you can ask yourself a few questions such as What values have led you to this point? What has shaped you into the person you are today?
- If you decide what values you are going to mention, you should not just tell what happened, but also how it influenced who you are and your life choices.
- Also, please refrain from providing a huge list of stories. Stick to 2-3 stories but try to evaluate as deeply as possible.
And when considering the personal growth component of this essay, we recommend that you consider what your genuine weaknesses are and how you can use your two years in business school to improve them.
Optional Essay: Is there any unclear information in your application that needs further explanation? (300 word maximum)
If you do decide to write an optional essay, make it as brief as possible concentrating solely on the issues that affect you and your decision to join the school. Remember, it’s preferable to discuss the problem briefly before demonstrating how you solved it. The optional essay is an excellent chance to address any concerns you may have about your application. For example, you can explain why your GPA is low or why your quant score is low. Just make sure you present your answer in the right way. To write them in right way, you can follow these techniques:
- Make sure you have done proper research about the school and know what school offers and what it expects from the candidate. Be prepared with the curriculum and other important facts about the school that can influence your decision.
- Make sure you present yourself as a leader with realistic and planned goals and a person who has a lot to offer to the school. We are not asking you to be fake and lie about your skill set, in fact that will be a straight no from us; we are asking you to be a bit more presentable in what you have written.
- Try to consider all other areas of your application: what stories does your resume tell? What do you expect the recommenders to say? What does your transcript say about your abilities, accomplishments, and passions? Then try to elaborate them in a significant way that can highlight your growth.
Applicants must submit their applications (including references) by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on the day of each deadline to be considered for a round.
|Round Application||Deadline||Decision Notification|
|Round 1||September 22, 2022||December 1, 2022|
|Round 2||January 5, 2023||March 23, 2023|
|Round 3||April 11, 2023||May 25, 2023|
|Chicago Booth Scholars||April 11, 2023||June 15, 2023|
MentorMpact provides the best admissions consulting guidance you can ever get! At MentorMpact, we work with the students and for the students. We value the trust you put in us and we creatively partner with you to accomplish your dream school admission. Our endeavour is to provide the best for our clients. For more information, visit MentorMpact.